Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scan error:controller:Failure allocating memory for copy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewCheater
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Scan error:controller:Failure allocating memory for copy Reply with quote

Hello from Spain, I am new here (sorry if my English is bad)

I think this is the right forum after watching the whole list.

EDIT: I have some pictures attatched that in the preview look right but then sending the message it says I dont have permision to add URL, so replace h-t-t-p for http, thanks

========================================

I have search related crash problem in this forum before posting this and have found this post; http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=354876#3498454 (Cheat Engine 5.5 release), that DarkByte also answered with:
Dark Byte wrote:
How much memory does the game you're targeting take up ?
Also, how much ram do you have and how much swapspace have you set as maximum allowed ? (you can see how much maximum is allowed in the taskmanager in the commit charge. E.g, on mine it says :Commit Charge: 1020M/4956M)
Or is it a 64-bit process you've targeted ?

anyhow, try decreasing the memory region it scans so it takes up less memory

Dark Byte wrote:
How much memory does the game you're targeting take up ?
About 1,2 Gb, here is a picture,

but the thing is that sometimes works!, I have tried this in a mission where you can not build any unit so you go with an Anima who has a status bar of power, it has only worked 3 times over 50 tries, the other tries I get memory failure. I must say that I know how to use it because the 3 times I made the Unknown Value Search, I then followed that with next search until I did get to the right address of the power bar.

Dark Byte wrote:
Also, how much ram do you have and how much swapspace have you set as maximum allowed ? (you can see how much maximum is allowed in the task manager in the commit charge. E.g, on mine it says: Commit Charge: 1020M/4956M)
I don’t really know what Swap Space would be in my Spanish OS, but here is a picture of the proccess in my task manager.

Dark Byte wrote:
Anyhow, try decreasing the memory region it scans so it takes up less memory.
I have tried touching the options but I then get results that after the next/next/…./next search they all disappear so If I could get some tip about the usage of unknown in this game I would be very appreciated, the game name appears in the first picture I uploaded.

========================================

Dark Byte: Out of this problem, the program is fantastic, you are a genius seriously, 2 bad I didn’t get to know your work years ago because it’s the first time in years that I am excited about a hack Smile, thanks a lot!
Geri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swap Space is the "Virtual Memory" if this sounds more familiar.

Quote:

This will most likely solve the problem. When You are doing a scan, choose a memory region in the memory scan options part.
For example the default is from 00000000 to 7FFFFFFF. You can choose a smaller memory area, like from 00000000 to 1FFFFFFF or something. If You scan a smaller area, You need less memory.

Most likely the game that You are scanning is too big.

If You don't find what You are looking for, scan another area in the memory, like from 20000000 to 40000000 and so on.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
NewCheater
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gari, I did the two things and it work! So thanks a lot Wink

I set the swap space to 4096 and also have made partial search and works like a charm.

There is a new problem now after fixing this; I’ll put all the steps:

==========================================

1. I restart the computer, Swap Space says Total Swap Space 67000, paginado 23000

2. I open Cheat engine and make an unknown search, (more than 1.000.000.000 results), now it says Total Swap 148000, paginado 116000), I keep making new search while on that map without problems, but the problem comes in next map.

3. New map, I make a new search and AGAIN the allocated memory problem, I go to the memory swap info window and I see there is no change in the previous information, so I guess the program is not freeing the swap file so cannot make new searches.

4. I try to close everything that is open, cheat engine included, also my game, every single program that can be closed using kill process for the process and unlocker to unhook some others, same results in swap space so it does not work

5. I restart my computer, FINALLY!, swap space is free again, I repeat all the steps from above and exactly the same, I am allowed to make all searches of unknown in the first map but in the next exactly the same.

Conclusions: 4 maps played, 4 computer restarts so every time I want to change the map I must restart the computer If you know another way to free that memory I would be very happy, also it would be even better if the Cheat engine after making swap file to grow it will also make it disappear the changes after new search.

Thanks a lot and sorry again for my English.
Geri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewCheater wrote:
1. I restart the computer, Swap Space says Total Swap Space 67000, paginado 23000

2. I open Cheat engine and make an unknown search, (more than 1.000.000.000 results), now it says Total Swap 148000, paginado 116000), I keep making new search while on that map without problems, but the problem comes in next map.

3. New map, I make a new search and AGAIN the allocated memory problem, I go to the memory swap info window and I see there is no change in the previous information, so I guess the program is not freeing the swap file so cannot make new searches.

4. I try to close everything that is open, cheat engine included, also my game, every single program that can be closed using kill process for the process and unlocker to unhook some others, same results in swap space so it does not work

5. I restart my computer, FINALLY!, swap space is free again, I repeat all the steps from above and exactly the same, I am allowed to make all searches of unknown in the first map but in the next exactly the same.

Conclusions: 4 maps played, 4 computer restarts so every time I want to change the map I must restart the computer If you know another way to free that memory I would be very happy, also it would be even better if the Cheat engine after making swap file to grow it will also make it disappear the changes after new search.

Thanks a lot and sorry again for my English.

Not a surprise, the game will not clear the memory by itself for sure. But You do not need to scan the whole memory all the time, only the part where the searched address can be found.

Let's say it is usually on 02568090, then You search from 02000000 to 03000000. This is not so big in the memory so You should be able to scan it.

It is even better if You save the code which is writing to the address and You can find the address with the code, or even better, make a cheat with code injection.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:

NewCheater
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geri wrote:
Not a surprise, the game will not clear the memory by itself for sure. But You do not need to scan the whole memory all the time, only the part where the searched address can be found.

Let's say it is usually on 02568090, then You search from 02000000 to 03000000. This is not so big in the memory so You should be able to scan it.

It is even better if You save the code which is writing to the address and You can find the address with the code, or even better, make a cheat with code injection.

Hello Geri, really good explanation and easy solution, I didnt know you could use ranges to research. Thanks a lot, I'll try it and then post here how it went Wink
Geri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it already, it will simply work. Smile
You just need to find the region where the address is stored.

alex900202
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geri wrote:
Swap Space is the "Virtual Memory" if this sounds more familiar.

Quote:

This will most likely solve the problem. When You are doing a scan, choose a memory region in the memory scan options part.
For example the default is from 00000000 to 7FFFFFFF. You can choose a smaller memory area, like from 00000000 to 1FFFFFFF or something. If You scan a smaller area, You need less memory.

Most likely the game that You are scanning is too big.

If You don't find what You are looking for, scan another area in the memory, like from 20000000 to 40000000 and so on.

Szia! Tudnál nekem segíteni egy-két dologban a Cheat Enginet illetően? Ha minden igaz Neked írtam Facebookon.
Előre is köszi!
Üdv. Alex

Geri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to use English on the forum.

I am not using Facebook, so no, it wasn't me.
You can see the link to my site in my signature.

alex900202
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geri wrote:
You need to use English on the forum.

I am not using Facebook, so no, it wasn't me.
You can see the link to my site in my signature.

Sorry.. I need help in GRID2 car's engine RPM holding. I would like fixed in the engine speed to a certain value. I found the values​​ and successfully applied, but I can not apply after restart the game, because these values there are other places​​. Is it possible to eliminate this problem?

Geri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have Grid 2, never played it, but just follow the usual methods. Try to find a pointer for it with the pointer scanner (this is probably the easy way) or check which codes are accessing to the address and try to make a script to change the value.

alex900202
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geri wrote:
I don't have Grid 2, never played it, but just follow the usual methods. Try to find a pointer for it with the pointer scanner (this is probably the easy way) or check which codes are accessing to the address and try to make a script to change the value.

Thanks for the help, i try this methods.

CodeKiller
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's an old thread but I have this issue now.
I did not get that in the past.
Using Windows 8.1.
8Go RAM, more than enough space on my SSD. Virtual memory is allocating by the system.

If I run the 64 bits version it's working fine.
I run the 32 bits, I get the error.

It works one time then stops working.

This error occures when I try to scan for "unknow value" and the "Executable" check box is half checked. If I completely check it it works fine.

Strange error...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: