Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Type to use for on/off toggle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haxozaur5000
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Type to use for on/off toggle? Reply with quote

I've been trying really hard to figure out how to switch on certain hot zones for players in NBA 2K15 but am not sure what type of data to look for. I admit my knowledge of finding addresses is somewhat limited to basic 2/4 byte scans but I've done the tutorial and scoured the internet for help and still have no idea.

I found out the best way to quickly toggle hot zones to on/off is to just do a Freestyle session with a team and swap out players (NBA Today > 2KU > Freestyle). I tried just looking for the spot right under the basket by doing unknown initial value at 4 bytes, then doing increased/decreased value scans based on if they're neutral, hot or cold. I narrowed it down to 3 at the end but they ended up changing on me when I was just standing there and couldn't have been right.

Would someone please suggest a data type to search for or maybe give some insight on what else I might try to find these addresses? It's frustrating having to grind them out and it'd make the game more fun if I could skip that grind so thanks in advance.
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's a float value that increases when you make a shot and decreases when you miss.
Possibly starts at 0.0. When you reach 1.0 it's a hot spot. Negative 1.0, cold spot.

Or each spot has a total baskets and a total misses counter (4-byte).
Depending on score:miss ratio, it becomes hot/cold spot.

Probably not an on/off.

By the way, no where in the 107 pages has this been found?
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=576705
Haxozaur5000
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zanzer wrote:
Maybe it's a float value that increases when you make a shot and decreases when you miss.
Possibly starts at 0.0. When you reach 1.0 it's a hot spot. Negative 1.0, cold spot.

Or each spot has a total baskets and a total misses counter (4-byte).
Depending on score:miss ratio, it becomes hot/cold spot.

Probably not an on/off.

By the way, no where in the 107 pages has this been found?
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=576705

Thanks for that I'll try searching both ways suggested. I've read every page of that thread at least once and haven't found anything for hot zones and have asked on several pages for input on it but yours has been much more valuable so thanks again. I'll update if I can figure it out.
Haxozaur5000
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: :( Reply with quote

I found some addresses that seem to change only when I shoot from certain spots but unfortunately you can't see hot zones in game and when I get back to the between game shoot around session to see the hot zones the values change to ???. When you "find out what writes to this address" the game crashes, must have some anti-debugger going.

Would someone good with CE be interested in trying? I'm sure there's a free version on TPB if you don't have it, might be a nice challenge Smile
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried modifying those found values to something huge in order to see if they did unlocked hot zones?

Another thing to note, the game may not calculate new hot zones until after the round is over anyway.
Ex: Total baskets in this zone > 30? Unlock hot zone for next game!

Try using VEH Debugger instead.
Edit > Settings > Debugger Options > Use VEH Debugger

Yea, I was surprised no one's actually hacked it yet.
Then I noticed: 37.2 GB + 4 GB patch. Pass. Smile

Maybe now would be a good time for me to learn how to use CE's network features and hack your game remotely. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: