Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I create an empty file in a directory via Lua?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h3x1c
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: How can I create an empty file in a directory via Lua? Reply with quote

Hey, everyone! I'm just now getting around to creating my own trainers, so I'm a Lua noob for the time being. =) I've tried a couple of things so far with what I'm looking to do, but to no avail. Here's the basic gist of what I'm trying to do:

I have a game that simply looks for a file in the same directory that the game's .exe is in. If it sees the file, it unlocks certain functionality. So, game.exe looks for unlock_file.patch in the same directory. Luckily, unlock_file.patch is just an empty file; only the file name is searched for.

What I want to add into my trainer is the ability for a user to click a button and it will create unlock_file.patch in the game's Steam directory. Again, I'm a complete noob so far, so this is what I've tried based on Google searching:

Code:
function CEButton1Click(sender)
file=io.open("C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Game\unlock_file.patch", "w")
file:close()
end

This game is also able to be purchased elsewhere, so people may even have it in a completely different directory. With that in mind, perhaps I should have the user browse for the directory game.exe is in, which I imagine I can do via SelectDirectoryDialogue. Anyway, I know that creating this empty file is probably very simple, but I just can't quite get it nailed down. Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use \\ instead of \ or use a [[ ... ]] string
and a selectdirectorydialog would probably be best

also,
check out the lfs plugin used here: http://cheatengine.org/download/savesession.rar

and check out how to use it: http://keplerproject.github.io/luafilesystem/manual.html (if used in a trainer donvt forget to manually add it)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

function CEButton1Click(sender)

dialog=createSaveDialog()
  dialog.Filename='unlock_file'
  dialog.DefaultExt=".patch"
  dialog.Filter="Unlock File (*.patch)|*.patch"
  dialog.FilterIndex=1
  dialog.Options = '[ofEnableSizing]'

if dialog.execute() then
    file=io.open(dialog.Filename, "w")
    file:close()
  end

end

Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Dark Byte and mgr.inz.Player! I'll give those suggestions a try here soon with my next trainer. I appreciate your help! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: