Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Value change back in far cry 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaft
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Value change back in far cry 4 Reply with quote

Hello
What is happening is that in far cry you can fight in an arena to win points . I found the adress of the points value but when i change it, it doesn't affect the game and in cheat engine the value go back to the initial value.
If i check the little box next to the adress to keep the value constant then in cheat engine te value change periodically to the initial value and the one i put. How to change the value?
Thanks.

zm0d
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the correct address. You simply found the wrong.
blaft
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thaks but nope i'm sure it is the right one because if make the value change in far cry4
and if i checked the box to keep the value constant;in cheat engine it will periodically change between the value i puted and between the in game value .
To be more clear:
In cheat engine it change between 999(value i entered and 130(that is the value that is display in game) but if i kill a guy ,that add 10 points in game, back in cheat engine it will change between 999 and 140(that is the value that is now display in game)

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 what zm0d said.
rkubes
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blaft wrote:
thaks but nope i'm sure it is the right one because if make the value change in far cry4
and if i checked the box to keep the value constant;in cheat engine it will periodically change between the value i puted and between the in game value .
To be more clear:
In cheat engine it change between 999(value i entered and 130(that is the value that is display in game) but if i kill a guy ,that add 10 points in game, back in cheat engine it will change between 999 and 140(that is the value that is now display in game)

Blaft,

What you seem to have is basically a temporary/scratch value. What the others have suggested is correct - you have the wrong address.

Some times the same value is stored multiple times in memory. For example, if we're talking about Ammo - the game will remember you have 16 bullets in your clip. However, when the game also needs to draw the number 16 on the HUD, it will check this number, and copy it elsewhere to be drawn on the screen. So now the same value is stored in multiple addresses.

There are numerous times when I search for a value, and I will get three addresses which are all "correct" in the sense that they relate to the variable I'm trying to change. However, only one of the three will actually impact the result. The others are typically just copied over repeatedly from the primary address.

What you're seeing with it cycling between 999 and 130 (then 140), is somewhere else (another address) the game is keeping track of the actual value. Then, it is copying it to the address you have found. You need to find that primary address and modify that.

---

Also keep in mind that the primary address is not always directly equal to the end result. There may be a calculation that takes place, and the end result is temporarily copied somewhere.

For example in Far Cry 4, if you're looking to change the "Max Ammo" that you can carry, there are actually two variables which control this. The base ammo you can carry with no upgrades as a 4 Byte integer, and a multiplier that is a float. So if I upgrade my backpack so I can carry 90 bullets instead of the 60, I won't find 90 in RAM - I actually find 60(int) and 1.5(float).

---

Essentially, you're over-simplifying it. Sometimes it is that easy, but sometimes there's complications.

I hope this helps.
blaft
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, now i understand. Yeah i really was over-simplifying it but now i get it.
And i achieve to do what i wanted without cheating but it's alwas great to learn about cheat engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: