Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this possible with CE?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
winterlily
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Is this possible with CE? Reply with quote

Hey all.

I am trying to accomplish the following in an online game.

Before you tell me it's impossible - this has been done by other people (albeit I do not know if it is with CE). It's a harmless little trick, and I was simply wondering if it's possible.

A little background on the game - it's an online card playing game that comes as an .exe file. When the user goes 'afk' (no cursor movement in the screen for x seconds) the game registers you as 'afk' status and plays cards automatically for you.

There is a little afk symbol that appears next to your name.

I have seen other users toggle this 'afk' symbol while not actually being afk - i.e they are still able to control their cards, but still have the game register them as being afk even though they are not.

I ran CE for the values and have discovered that there is a value that only changes when the afk status is toggled. However the actual value changes every time I do a new search - so I assume I have not found the 'real value'. I am also not able to alter this value.

I'm unsure how to proceed from here. Is what I'm trying to accomplish even possible with CE? Or should I be looking at other programs / methods? Thanks a bunch.
jndok
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that value you found useful for what you're trying to accomplish? I mean, does it do what you want or is not doing anythin? If you found the right value then all you have to do is simply get the base address/pointer for that and you're done.
winterlily
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jndok wrote:
Is that value you found useful for what you're trying to accomplish? I mean, does it do what you want or is not doing anythin? If you found the right value then all you have to do is simply get the base address/pointer for that and you're done.

Well, the value is a string of numbers, like 27896811, and it only changes with the 'afk' status, so I'm assuming it's somehow related to that.

IE. when the game registers me as afk, the value becomes 278968136, and when I move my cursor as to get rid of the afk status, the value becomes 34202408. It only ever changes between these two numbers, and only in response to whether I'm afk or not.

However, the actual numbers change every time I do a new search (meaning it will alternate between two other strings of numbers) and I am unable to change the value in CE and have it stay as such in the game.
zm0d
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if change this value to said afk status, it really changes your status in game (symbol appears)? If so, you might found the right address, but it gets "encrypted" somehow. With some sort of an algorithm. Check out what "Write to this address" and then dig a little bit around in the code.
winterlily
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zm0d wrote:
So, if change this value to said afk status, it really changes your status in game (symbol appears)? If so, you might found the right address, but it gets "encrypted" somehow. With some sort of an algorithm. Check out what "Write to this address" and then dig a little bit around in the code.

Hm.. not quite. It's the other way around.

When I change this value, nothing in the game changes, but when the game registers me as afk vs non. afk, the value changes between two #s.
zm0d
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you change the value to AFK status, then freeze it and go back in the game, are you AFK then or not?
If not, you found the wrong address or they added some server side checks.
winterlily
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zm0d wrote:
If you change the value to AFK status, then freeze it and go back in the game, are you AFK then or not?
If not, you found the wrong address or they added some server side checks.

If I change the value to the AFK status, then freeze it and go back in the game, I am NOT afk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: