Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible to attain the reverse behavior of auto-assemble?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sullx
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Possible to attain the reverse behavior of auto-assemble? Reply with quote

Cheat engine has a nice assembly compiler with it that allows you type instructions (opcodes) like

push 1
call 3ef800
add esp,4

and CE automatically compiles this to bytes and inserts into the code. What I am wondering is if there are any lua functions (that are exposed), that can take an array of bytes and "interpret" them, returning a string of instructions.

For example, given the byte 52, the function would return "push edx" or if given E8 0E BA FF FF the function would return "call main.exe+113E3" or at the very least "call 03ef83e3".

I am sure this function exists as it is used to in the memoryviewer so that CE users don't have to stare at hexidecimal. I am just wondering if it is exposed and therefore callable via a script.

Thank you!
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

disassemble(address): Disassembles the given address and returns a string in the format of "address - bytes - opcode : extra"
splitDisassembledString(disassembledstring): Returns 4 strings. The address, bytes, opcode and extra field

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
sullx
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is excellent and exactly what I was needing. Quick follow up question, which src files are these functions defined in? If you don't know off the top of your head don't worry about it.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for generic non classbased functions it's usually luahandler.pas

and luadisassembler.pas (I forgot about the disassembler class)

Code:

Disassembler Class (Inheritance: Object)

createDisassembler() - Creates a disassembler object that can be used to disassemble an instruction and at the same time get more data
getDefaultDisassembler() - Returns the default disassembler object used by a lot of ce's disassembler routines
getVisibleDisassembler() - Returns the disassembler used by the disassemblerview. Special codes are: {H}=Hex value {R}=Register {S}=Symbol {N}=Nothing special

registerGlobalDisassembleOverride(function(sender: Disassembler, address: integer, LastDisassembleData: Table): opcode, description): Same as Disassembler.OnDisassembleOverride, but does it for all disassemblers, including newly created ones.  Tip: Check the sender to see if you should use syntax highlighting codes or not
  This function returns an ID you can pass on to unregisterGlobalDisassembleOverride()  6.4+

unregisterGlobalDisassembleOverride(id)

properties
  LastDisassembleData : Table
  OnDisassembleOverride: function(sender: Disassembler, address: integer, LastDisassembleData: Table): opcode, description
  syntaxhighlighting: boolean : This property is set if the syntax highlighting codes are accepted or not

Methods
  disassemble(address): Disassembles the given instruction and returns the opcode. It also fills in a LastDisassembleData record
  decodeLastParametersToString() : Returns the unedited "Comments" information. Does not display userdefined comments
  getLastDisassembleData() : Returns the LastDisassembleData table.
    The table is build-up as follow:
      address: integer - The address that was disassembled
      opcode: string - The opcode without parameters
      parameters: string - The parameters
      description: string - The description of this opcode
      bytes: table - A table containing the bytes this instruction consists of (1.. )

modrmValueType: DisAssemblerValueType  - Defines the type of the modrmValue field (dvtNone=0, dvtAddress=1, dvtValue=2)
      modrmValue: Integer - The value that the modrm specified. modrmValueType defines what kind of value

parameterValueType: DisAssemblerValueType
      parameterValue: Integer - The value that the parameter part specified

isJump: boolean - Set to true if the disassembled instruction can change the EIP/RIP (not ret)
      isCall: boolean - Set to true if it's a Call
      isRet: boolean - Set to true if it's a Ret
      isConditionalJump: boolean - Set to true if it's a conditional jump

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: