Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot get this to work whatsoever. PLEASE HELP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordon555
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject: Cannot get this to work whatsoever. PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

angry

Hello, im trying to get fov better in shadow of mordor

somone told me to install cheat engine, so i download "cheatengine64_NoSetup"

then download ShadowOfMordor_SeiKur0_v3_1.CT

i run Cheat Engine.exe

i go to load , and load "ShadowOfMordor_SeiKur0_v3_1.CT"
then i open game, and open process in cheat engine and select it.

now i see in the windows below the options with "ACTIVE BOX" on the left hand side. but they ARE ALL UNSELECTED, i cant click to select any of them, pressing spacebar dosent select any of them, setting up hot keys STILL DOSE NOT SELECT ANY OF THEM

so i download this instead:
ShadowOfMordorFOVFix.CT

then i try again, i start the game, open cheatengine, load the script, i see the FOV option appear (BUT STILL ACTIVE BOX UNCHECKED).. i then load process select the game, and yes thats right, I STILL CANT CHECK THE ACTIVE BOX beside FOV... so

i tied running
cheatengine-i386.exe and reating what i said above

i tried running
cheatengine-x86_64.exe and repeating what i said above

STILL EVERY SCRIPT I LOAD THE "ACTIVE" CHECK BOX BESIDE IT IS ALWAYS UNCHECKED, AND THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY TO CHECK THE BOX WHAT SO EVER.

i rebooted my pc a bunch of times, reinstalled the game a bunch of times, re-downloaded cheat engine... all the time repeating the same steps as above, its taken my almost 5 hours with no breaks to finaly conclude this tool is probably a piece of shit that simply dose work..

can somone please tell my otherwise, and that im doing something obviously wrong..

i just dont get how this tool works at all... every tutorial and video i watch they are able to check those boxes....

PLEASE HELP SOMONE.. IM PULLING MY HAIR OUT WITH THIS BULL CRAP

PS. IVE ALSO TRIED ALL SORTS OF COMPATIBILTY MODES ON BOTH GAME AND CHEATENGINE.. IVE TRIED DISABLING FEATURES TEMPORATLY LIKE VIRUS .ETC IVE TRIED BLOODY EVERYTHING
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the checkbox doesn't tick there can be 4 reasons:
1: The version of the game you have is newer than the table was made for
2: you selected the wrong process
3: you have installed something that prevents cheat engine from editing processes(sanboxes, some av's, specialized security software)
4: scans fail to initialize because your temp folder environment variable is broken

Doubleclick the <script>, copy the script to clipboard and close it
Press ctrl+alt+a to bring up an auto assembler window and paste the script into the auto assembler window
Press execute and you wil get the reason the script refuses to run (if an aob can't be found or asserts are invalid then it is a different version)

If a different version ask in the topic of the table if they can fix it

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: