Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to increase value of entire group?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hacker24
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: How to increase value of entire group? Reply with quote

I am trying to make a trainer, and i have a large group of float values. I want to "increase all the child addresses" by a certain decimal value with 1 hotkey button.

I know there is the option under group config "Setting a value to this entry sets same value to children". but there is no way to increase or decrease all the child address by a certain value like you can for individual address via "set / change hotkeys"

i tried to do this without creating a group by just going through each address one at a time and setting the same hotkey for all the addresses, but that didn't work. when i made the trainer and pressed the button it didn't increase them all by the same amount, in fact it maxed out all but 6 of the values and to make a long story short just didn't work.

With 1 button, i'd like to be able to increase a large group of 20+ addresses by the same decimal value all at once, so i can make the trainer simple with only a single hotkey button.
DaSpamer
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use LUA.
2 sec let me do it ..

My CETrainer will generate it for you in seconds, so you won't get lazy! Very Happy

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=564919
hacker24
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashacking wrote:
use LUA.
2 sec let me do it ..

ok well i am not too familiar with LUA scripts. could you provide step by step instructions on how you did it?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: How to increase value of entire group? Reply with quote

hacker24 wrote:
i tried to do this without creating a group by just going through each address one at a time and setting the same hotkey for all the addresses, but that didn't work. when i made the trainer and pressed the button it didn't increase them all by the same amount, in fact it maxed out all but 6 of the values and to make a long story short just didn't work.

Start with this. Why didn't it work? Are you testing the table before generating the trainer? Have you found the pointers for your addresses?

Test one address at a time. Make sure it is working before moving on to the next address. Make sure all addresses are working, simultaneously, before generating the trainer. Test the table again, after restarting the game - and before generating your trainer. Report back.
hacker24
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How to increase value of entire group? Reply with quote

GNIREENIGNE wrote:
hacker24 wrote:

Start with this. Why didn't it work? Are you testing the table before generating the trainer? Have you found the pointers for your addresses?

Test one address at a time. Make sure it is working before moving on to the next address. Make sure all addresses are working, simultaneously, before generating the trainer. Test the table again, after restarting the game - and before generating your trainer. Report back.

I tested the table before generating the trainer. all i did was choose the same hotkey for each address incremented by the same decimal amount. it was working fine in the table. i pressed the single button that i assigned to each address and each value increased by said amount. that's why i was so surprised when i tried generating a trainer it didn't work the same.

could it be that the generic trainer isn't compatible with that many different addresses assigned to the same hotkey or something?

that's when the next step i thought was to create a group header, then I found out you cannot increase all members of the group by said amount. (only set all group members to the same value) that's why i came here.

so to recap, setting the same hotkey to 20+ addresses (increasing the value by a decimal) was working fine in the table inside cheat engine. but once i made it a trainer, it didn't work. when i pressed the button with the trainer, instead of increasing all the addresses by that set amount, it maxed out most of the addresses. so it wasn't working the same way it was working within cheat engine. (and i've made other trainers that work fine, but this was the first one with multiple addresses assigned to the same hotkey)
DaSpamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacker34,
how much addresses you got exacly?

My CETrainer will generate it for you in seconds, so you won't get lazy! Very Happy

hacker24
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashacking wrote:
hacker34,
how much addresses you got exacly?

22 exactly. it is for a sports game, where each player has stamina and it gets depleted throughout the match. well by halftime stamina is low for all the players and by the 2nd half they have no energy. and i created a trainer so that with one button all players in the match get stamina replenished. so at halftime, i want to create a trainer that gives every player a boost from where they were stamina wise at the end of the 1st half, isntead of just giving every player 100%. you know what i mean?

UPDATE:

Okay so i just tried the trainer again and this time it worked fine. I don't understand why it didn't work last time, but maybe it had to do with when i pressed it. So I guess setting the individual address to the same hotkey actually worked.

But still I'd like to know if there is an answer to my original question, if there is any way to increase or decrease the value of all child members of a group header by a set amount. lets say you have a group of 30 or 40 addresses / values.

as of now, even with a group header, you still have to go through every address and set the same hotkey. even if you "select all" the addresses, and try to assign a hotkey to them all, it still only assigns the hotkey to a single address. it would be good if there was a way to assign multiple addresses to the same hotkey, either in a group or through selecting multiple addresses. i thought putting them all in a group would allow me to increase or decrease them all by setting a hotkey to the group header. but it doesn't seem to work that way.
DaSpamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use this..
Code:
--/\/\Shorter way.../\/\
AddyList       = getAddressList()
FindDesc       = addresslist_getMemoryRecordByDescription
GetValue       = memoryrecord_getValue
SetValue       = memoryrecord_setValue
-------------------------
function GetAndEdit()
-- the line below is defining the address we want to read from...
local use      = FindDesc(AddyList,"use")
--
--the lines below are the addresses we change to..
local change1  = FindDesc(AddyList,"change1")
local change2  = FindDesc(AddyList,"change2")
local change3  = FindDesc(AddyList,"change3")
local change4  = FindDesc(AddyList,"change4")
local change5  = FindDesc(AddyList,"change5")
local change6  = FindDesc(AddyList,"change6")
local change7  = FindDesc(AddyList,"change7")
local change8  = FindDesc(AddyList,"change8")
local change9  = FindDesc(AddyList,"change9")
local change10 = FindDesc(AddyList,"change10")
local change11 = FindDesc(AddyList,"change11")
local change12 = FindDesc(AddyList,"change12")
local change13 = FindDesc(AddyList,"change13")
local change14 = FindDesc(AddyList,"change14")
local change15 = FindDesc(AddyList,"change15")
local change16 = FindDesc(AddyList,"change16")
local change17 = FindDesc(AddyList,"change17")
local change18 = FindDesc(AddyList,"change18")
local change19 = FindDesc(AddyList,"change19")
local change20 = FindDesc(AddyList,"change20")
local change21 = FindDesc(AddyList,"change21")
--
--Ok now we gonna get the value
local value    = GetValue(use)
--
--Now we gonna set all values
SetValue (change1, value)
SetValue (change2, value)
SetValue (change3, value)
SetValue (change4, value)
SetValue (change5, value)
SetValue (change6, value)
SetValue (change7, value)
SetValue (change8, value)
SetValue (change9, value)
SetValue (change10, value)
SetValue (change11, value)
SetValue (change12, value)
SetValue (change13, value)
SetValue (change14, value)
SetValue (change15, value)
SetValue (change16, value)
SetValue (change17, value)
SetValue (change18, value)
SetValue (change19, value)
SetValue (change20, value)
SetValue (change21, value)
--
end

t=createTimer(nil, false)
timer_setInterval(t, 50)
timer_onTimer(t, GetAndEdit)
timer_setEnabled(t, true)

Edit the parent address descriptions to "use"
and the child addresses descriptions to change1.. change2.. change3.. and etc.

hacker24
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashacking wrote:
you can use this..

Edit the parent address descriptions to "use"
and the child addresses descriptions to change1.. change2.. change3.. and etc.

Flashacking, since i have 22 child members, not 21, i added

local change22 = FindDesc(AddyList,"change22")

and

SetValue (change22, value)

where appropriate.

then i did as you said changed the parent description to "use" and named all the child address descriptions to change1, change2, etc.

then i selected Table > Show Cheat Table Lua Script

i copy and pasted your code plus the change 22 part i added. then hit execute script.

then what? i still was unable to increase or decrease all the child addresses at once via the group header. i tried to add a hotkey to the group header entitled "use" and set the hotkey to "decrease value with 0.2", and pressing it didn't change all the child address values.

it's probable that i am not applying your script correctly, any help would be appreciated.
DaSpamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, I tested it, worked for me.

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you have everything correct, the only reason I can think of why some values were maxed out and some were not incremented by the same amount, is if different players have different amounts of stamina - either by default, and/or when you enabled the cheat. This might cause some players to be at max stamina when you enable the cheat. To test, set an additional hotkey that will change all values to 0 (or set a second hotkey that will decrement values), then, increment values to see changes in real-time.

It's really hard to say what it could be without seeing everything.
hacker24
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GNIREENIGNE wrote:
Assuming you have everything correct, the only reason I can think of why some values were maxed out and some were not incremented by the same amount, is if different players have different amounts of stamina - either by default, and/or when you enabled the cheat. This might cause some players to be at max stamina when you enable the cheat. To test, set an additional hotkey that will change all values to 0 (or set a second hotkey that will decrement values), then, increment values to see changes in real-time.

It's really hard to say what it could be without seeing everything.

yeah i'm going to be testing this further. the range of the float value is between 0 and 1. it starts at 1 and as the match goes on it drops. at halftime, one player might have 0.85, another might have 0.63, another might have 0.46 (depending on his stamina attribute and how much you use turbo / sprint)

the hotkey i am using is a 0.4 increase at the moment. if you apply that to the player that has 0.85, then it'll be 1.25 momentarily, then when you go into the game, it will change to 1.00 (the max) so that part of it works fine.

i think the problem i ran into was i tried to apply the increase at half time, and not during the actual match. the game code might not have liked that timing of the increase. i think i will do the second hotkey, i tried lowering each value equal to 0.2, but i'm really trying to just increase them based off their actual stamina rating for the first half. i could easily just make a trainer to give everyone full stamina (1.00) but i really want to just give everyone a boost from where they were naturally at the end of the half. (if you get my drift)

thanks for your help.

Flashacking wrote:
Strange, I tested it, worked for me.

so the process i used was the same as yours and it worked? what am i doing wrong then?

after you execute the script, are you able to set a hotkey to the group header entitled "use" that makes each child address increase or decrease by a set decimal value?

it would help a lot to be able to use a hotkey on the group header to increase or decrease all the child addresses.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hacker24 wrote:
i think the problem i ran into was i tried to apply the increase at half time, and not during the actual match.
Yes, that could definitely cause problems.
theunowndragon
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: How?? How do i make a child adress Reply with quote

umm im a newbie at this and i umm wanna make a hotkey for a whole group and i dont know how to use LUA Script so.. can u guys umm well tell me hw or something Question Question Question Question
DaSpamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

assign all enteries to a specific address, then right click -> group config -> setting value to this entry sets the same value to children

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: