Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good VPN provider?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zm0d
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject: Good VPN provider? Reply with quote

Hi all,

for the last weeks I asked myself a couple of times, if I should use a VPN service to have a higher privacy in todays WWW...
of course by googling you find some providers. The only problem I have, is to find a good one, better, a serios one...

Since I really like this board and its community, I trust you guys to get some serios feedback for VPN providers.

The VPN service should provide this features:
Arrow full speed Internet connection
Arrow IP-Leak secure (I'll also use Comodo Firewall)
Arrow connect with the VPN is possible over the OpenVPN tool
Arrow multiple server locations
Arrow no server-change limit and no extra costs for changing the server
Arrow encryption from start node to vpn server
Arrow last and of course most important point: NO LOGGING OF DATA IN ANY KIND (which every VPN provider says, but I cant trust them really...)

Max. costs:
Arrow ~20€/month

I hope some of you have experience in this area and want to share'em.

Regards,
zm0d
the the the
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out
http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-services-take-your-anonymity-seriously-2014-edition-140315/
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used a few and data logging was not a concern for me but far as the rest of your criteria goes, i can vouch for the current one i am using PrivateTunnel, they offer a volume based service which means i can have the vpn for life if i don't run out of my ordered bandwidth, their connection speeds are amazing there's no loss of speed at all or very little. I think it meets all of your criteria except the last one, i don't know if they log data or not. Google will help.

Tried Hidemyass pro, their speeds suck and they log data. There are a few others i have tried but i have ended up with PT for now. If you are really worried about data logging you should use Tor-Browser, its very slow but that is because of its design for anonymity.

zm0d
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay you guys already helped me much Smile thanks for that.

Since there are a lot of VPNs providing their services under U.S. law, they are under the power of the USA PATRIOT law.
This law grants access to all servers from US companys and subcompanys (even located in other countries) for the US government. The government don't even have to tell the companies, what they are actually doing.

My question now is, if the US government has so much influence in privacy and can access servers whenever they want, no data retention would be senseless, wouldn't it? I mean, accessing companys server when there is no interesting, personal identity data the law wouldn't make sense overall, in my opinion.

So many VPN providers advertise with "US has no data retention law", which sounds good and is a nice base for privacy. Just this damn PATRIO law makes me feeling odd about this.

I know TOR and it's really not what I want to use. As you mentioned it's slow but beside that, you never know who's the real owner of an exchange node. Also TORs reputation ain't good (dark net here, dark net there...), but that's a less good argument to not use TOR. Just a personally point of view Razz

Regards,
zm0d
Hatschi
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

AirVPN.org

- Servers around the world
- No logging
- No bandwith limit
- Full speed
- OpenVPN support
- Extremely cheap
- Reliable, good support

Hide.me

- Servers around the world
- No logging
- No bandwith limit
- Full speed
- OpenVPN support
- Prices are fair but not really cheap
- Reliable, good support
- But it's made by people who own a warez board. If you want to stick to trustful people you should pick AirVPN

AirVPN is located in Europe. Hide.me is also located in Europe although they hide themself behind a fake company somewhere in the atlantic.

I would recommend AirVPN because they're trustful, got end to end encryption and for the price you will not find anything better. They also have a trial account, pick that and see by yourself.

//edit: And do yourself a favor and stay away from things like hidemyass and Tor. Things like hidemyass are logging and things like Tor doesn't give you the protection a VPN connection does. Tor isn't something to hide your traffic, Tor is something to avoid IP blocks. There are some articles around the internet telling you the technical aspect of what I'm trying to say but in short: Tor isn't that secure that most people think it is.
zm0d
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatschi wrote:
Tor doesn't give you the protection a VPN connection does

Exactly thats the reason why I dont use it. =) Just heard bad about hidemyass, that's why I won't use it, too.

I knew hide.me before I created this thread and I gather some information about'em. I found this warez board too and that's something I don't like to support.

Never heard about AirVPN before, but as you seem to be experienced with it and even in a good state, I will definitly give it a try Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: