Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a trick to aobs in 64-bit?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Is there a trick to aobs in 64-bit? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I just picked up Van Helsing on sale, so I was looking at fixing up Recifense's table for the latest version. While updating the aob scans, though, I found some odd behavior. I usually double-check my aobs for correctness and uniqueness by doing a search in the memory viewer, search->find memory->(Array of byte)->From 0, etc. For some reason, in this case, I couldn't find any matches - this when searching for strings taken directly from the byte hex strings copied and pasted from the same address in the bottom half of the screen. Confused, I tried searching in the main interface for value type array of byte - again, using the data copied and pasted directly from the memory viewer. Again, no joy. For kicks and giggles, I tried making a simple script that sets a symbol at the aob address, and it did in fact work. So, what do I need to do to get my other searches to work? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,
JD
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Did you try unchecking the 'writable' box?
Gniarf
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there a trick to aobs in 64-bit? Reply with quote

justa_dude wrote:
Confused, I tried searching in the main interface for value type array of byte - again, using the data copied and pasted directly from the memory viewer.
You have 3 checkboxes on the main UI that read "Writable", "Executable", and "CopyOnWrite", were they all ticked into GREY state? If not it's normal that you didn't find a code aob, right click on any of those checkboxes->preset: scan all memory, and the scanner should find your aob.

Other than that, make sure you're using the 64 bit version of ce to hack your x64 game. (Still, I don't see why a x86 aobscan would find something that the x86 scanner couldn't...)

The last possible thing I see is that your settings in main UI->settings->scan settings prevent the regular scanner from finding your aob.

justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
Did you try unchecking the 'writable' box?

Wow, good tip! Thank you. It never crossed my mind - I'll have to check next time I'm working in a 32-bit app, 'cause I don't remember ever having to mess with that before. How about for the "find memory" function in the disassembly window? It doesn't have any such options - what needs to happen to make it work?

Thanks,
JD
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justa_dude wrote:
How about for the "find memory" function in the disassembly window? It doesn't have any such options - what needs to happen to make it work?
-I always use the main scanner for AOB searching. I do not believe such added options are available for the memory finder option - DB can verify.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: