Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ultimap on AMD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kik4444
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Ultimap on AMD Reply with quote

I just learned about this ultimap feature and seeing what it could do make me think that it could be very useful for things I want to hack, but it says it's only available on intel CPUs when I click start. How do I make it work with my AMD CPU? Mine's FX 8320 octa core 4.0GHz when in turbo mode, so I'm pretty sure it can handle running it in large processes plus CE shows that my PC IS capable of running DBVM.
Here's some proof.
EDIT: Okay, so I clicked on the green text and a flashing text saying DBK64 LOADED on the upper left corner appeared for a few seconds and disappeared, after which I clicked YES on the warning and my PC froze and after 5 seconds I got a BSOD saying CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Is DBVM required for Ultimap and if it's not, how do I get it to run on my AMD CPU?

ultimap error.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  686.98 KB
 Viewed:  22955 Time(s)

ultimap error.png

specs.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  790.62 KB
 Viewed:  22956 Time(s)

specs.png

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Ultimap can not work on AMD cpu's. They do not have the "Branch trace store" feature that intel cpu's have that ultimap makes use of.

Also, dbvm is required for ultimap. That it says it's compatible is more of a guess based on the cpu capabilities. Since i have only tested dbvm on one system only a few AMD cpu's actually work.
DBVM also won't work if a virtual machine is already running (e.g avast av, bluestacks, vmware)

Again, even if dbvm would work for you, ultimap wouldn't

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping

Last edited by Dark Byte on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
BRW
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Ultimap AMD Reply with quote

When are you going to make compatible the Ultimap with AMD CPU? Would be awesome.
Basically I have 2 more PCs, what have Intel CPU, but one of them does not support dvbm, and although the other one does it crashes immediately as soon as I start the Ultimap function :S
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimap can not work on AMD cpu's. They do not have the "Branch trace store" feature that intel cpu's have that ultimap makes use of.

So, not until amd implements the same feature as intel (and you'll still need to buy a new cpu)

BRW
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This AMD CPU supports DVBM, one of my Intel PCs does not, and the 3rd does as well and that is Intel, but that crashes (blue screen) when I start the Ultimap. My friend's intel PCs does not support DVBM... How the hell can I use Ultimap? Incredible...
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use ultimap you need a system with an Intel cpu that is compatible with dbvm (so no bsod, and not amd)
Try activating dbvm from the about screen first

Also, if you use windows 8 you need ce 6.4

BRW
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That PC has Intel CPU and the DVBM is green at the about screen. But as I had mentioned, it crashes at the "Start"
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why I said to launch dbvm using the about screen (click on the green line). That way you can determine if it's ultimap or dbvm.

That it's green only means there is a 15% chance your system will work, instead of 0% (it only checks the cpu, but other factors like os, bios version, cpu activity, mainboard components also have a factor to play)
and even if dbvm functions, then there's always the chance that your specific cpu revision has a broken implementation of Intel's branch trace store (I've seen two different implementations, but it could be there is a third one I haven't added support for)

BRW
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were right. I did not see that I was able to click that label. Now it works (apart from I can not find the right asm function, but it is my personally problem Wink
Thx.
Anyway we would appreciate if we could use this awesome feature on AMD as well Wink
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRW wrote:
Anyway we would appreciate if we could use this awesome feature on AMD as well Wink

Wow you guys don't read at all, do you ? DB said the same thing thrice.
Quote:

So its up to AMD and not DB to implement this feature (if hardware doesn't have a feature, software can't make use of it).

BRW
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not be silly. I clearly understood at the first time. I mean is it impossible to find an another way to create a familiar "Ultimap" function, which can run on AMD? I am sure there is an another technique to catch them.... so I have to write 2nd times: We would appreciate if you make a familiar, AMD version of "Ultimap"
alexsophia
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Perhaps there might be a way to do the Ultimap in a VM Reply with quote

I was wondering if there is a Virtual Machine that could give the perfect simulation to recreate the perfect conditions to run Ultimap in AMD Processors. It is possible that the result would cost a lot of rendering.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: