Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheat Engine crashes at Find What Access...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaming04
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Cheat Engine crashes at Find What Access... Reply with quote

This don't usually happen but when it happens, it just won't stop happening.
Cheat Engine crashes for some games when using [Find What Access this Address.]

Can't explain it anymore simple than that. I am using Windows 7 64-bit and have tried both VEH Debugger and Windows Debugger; both debuggers crash at [Find What Access this Address.]

Is there any other solution?
I did a google search for a solution on [site:cheatengine.org] and tried all solutions available.

one of the game that likes to crash on me if I [Find what Access this Address] is Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne. Once I go deep enough down a pointer path, the debugger becomes unstable and crashes.

I read that games sometime crash because the debugger is detected. I do not think Warcraft 3 TFT detects the debugger.
Geri

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may also crash on codes that are used extremely frequently. Like codes that are used more than 1000 times per second and so on.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it crash when you use it or when you stop it?

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
gaming04
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The debugger crashes at both areas--while using it, and after stopping it. Before the game crashes, it slows down heavily--once the game lags heavily, the game will crash regardless of stopping the debugger.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a crack or legit version ? Because i recall WC3 had some security shit in it and had to disable them before anything could be done. Well the coding part i know (when making the trainer), i had used a cracked version so i don't know about the debugging part, never crashed for me but its safe to assume there must be some anti-debug in there in the legit version.

I'll get back to you, googling.

EDIT:There you go

http://memoryhacking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=719&sid=7f54cb46402c18b0eb1f970e5a0325e5&start=0

So nothing wrong with CE. There is something with the game, some sort of protection. Are you hacking online ?

EDIT2: Rape the game to death Wink. Like i recalled, some security shit in it. attila my bud has all the info and solution.
http://www.doxcoding.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=308

gaming04
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way, are you saying all those other games that keep crashing once we dig deep enough into the pointers have anti-debuggers?

I can handle WC3 just fine until I dig about...2 levels into a "secondary" pointer then it completely crashes.

Code:

Secondary, meaning: eax+ebx*4+0A;

primary pointer = eax
secondary pointer = ebx

Currently messing with a no CD version. Not battle net cracked or anything of the sort. I am doing single player debugging. Attaching the debugger works without a hitch, though. And the game only crashes when I enter the "forbidden" zone. That is when trying to debug a pointer that may have been part of the unstripped anti-debugger code.

Still, this crash happens in other games too. Dig deep enough into a pointer and the game crashes. You may be right about them, though. What IF there exist an anti-debugger deep down a pointer path?

I am not even a decent user with tools like OllyDbg. I will have to let the professionals see if anything can be done.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Nope, im not saying that. Just that i know WC3 has anti stuff last time i checked. Easy to circumvent though.

It could very well be an issue with CE, maybe accessing protected area crashes. I never experienced anything like that though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: