Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Window duplicator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a13x12246
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Window duplicator Reply with quote

Hi, is there a way to duplicate/copy a window Surprised

(just for example)
So say i have notepad open and i type something and then duplicate the window the new version should be the exact same in every way and have the typed text and everything

Any help would be great Very Happy
a13x12246
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not copy and paste actually clone the open program so i will have 2 of the same program in every way (NOT just open the program again)

<what i actually want to do is clone a save file dialog for reasons of downloading twice without opening another dialog>
Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

In general cases no. When a window starts, it tends to have a common initial state. As in, if you were to open it close it and open it again, it'd likely look and behave the same. That is the general case. However after interacting with it for some time, it's 'state' has already changed. If you consider a window as an entity that can be in different states and you interacting with it is giving a transition between these states, then you can see in the general case, to get to any other state other than the initial, we have to repeat the transitions. This is not always the case. Take games that can be 'saved', but in the general case, you can't do what you're asking.

If you elaborate on your particular case, it may be possible though. I'm not really sure what you mean by cloning the save file dialog. Why would you want to download the same thing twice ? Unless you wanted to download it to another location in which case, it's probably faster to just copy and paste it from source to destination after it's downloaded the first time.
Fafaffy
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be very difficult since a programed opened twice at the same state may cause bugs and/or glitches, or lead to BSOD
a13x12246
Cheater

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Ok so this is what i want to do Reply with quote

I don't mean actually fully-cloning the widow with the same addresses, i mean is there a way to jump open the new program in to the same state.

copieing with different memory addresses to avoid BSOD would be fine thanks Smile
Slugsnack
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no easy way unless the developer of the program intended it to be possible. It could be possible by doing a full dump of a process and restoring that.. Potentially you could hit a lot of problems with that though. Say, from concurrent accesses of both programs to a shared resource. Handles would also have to be remapped. All in all, it's not possible in the general case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: